Importing Email into Hosted Exchange (.pst)
- You can transfer mail through Outlook from your current account by exporting it into a .PST file and then importing it into your account.
- This method will import Emails, Calendars and Contacts.
1. Open up Outlook and click on File > Open > Import.
2. Select “Export to a file” and click Next.
3. Select “Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
4. Click on the highest folder shown and then tick the “Include subfolders” box.
5. Click Browse to select a location to save the file, select option “Replace duplicates with items exported”, click Finish.
6. You can chose to add a password to protect your file or leave both fields blank and click ok.
Once you have the .pst file exported from your old account, you will be able to import it into your new one using a similar method.
7. Click on File > Open > Import
8. Select “Import from another program or file” and click Next.
9. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
10. Browse to the file, and click Next
11. Select the account (if you have multipul) where you would like the imported data to go.
12. Click Finish, the data will now be imported.
Complete. All of your mail should now be in your new account. To confirm the import was successful you can check your emails in OWA https://exchange.openconnect.com.au/.